Ice Skating

Ice Skating

Mark went to his dad's this afternoon for a visit. We decided to take a trip down to Salt Lake City on the front runner and meet him, see some Christmas lights, and do some ice skating.

Before we left we cooked up the homemade noodles I made the night before. This was my first time making noodles, and it was a huge success. Nikki tossed them in butter, garlic, rosemary, and parmesan cheese. They turned out amazing, and something we will for sure do again.

Afterward, we headed to the frontrunner station in Clearfield. We had a bit of a wait, but not bad. The train was fairly busy even for a weekend. It took about half an hour to get to Salt Lake City, and Mark met us on the platform.

After the train, we took the trax train to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. I knew the temple was under construction, but I figured they would still decorate, and they did. It just wasn't as good as it used to be.

We walked over to the city creek mall from there. The mall was nicely decorated for the holidays, and it was busy. We walked through and the kids the mall it was pretty neat. I stopped and took a few pictures and we used the bathrooms before heading down the street.

We walked down to Galevant Center where they have an ice skating rink. Warren has never been ice skating, but Mark goes every year at least once. I was taking pictures so I stayed out while Mark, Nikki, and Warren got ice skates and went skating.

Warren was really shaky at first. Nikki stayed with him, and I held his hand while I was outside the rink. Once I got him to stop trying to walk and just let himself slide he did a lot better. It took them a long time to get around the rink, and Warren was instantly ready for a break.

Everyone went around three more times at least. I don't know that I would have made it around that much. By the time they were done, they were all exhausted. We got hot cocoa and some pretzels and headed back to the trax station.

To kill some time we stopped by the Gateway mall on the way to the frontrunner station. The mall is fairly dead, but they did have a lot of fires and decorations set up. We took a break from walking and sat by a fountain next to a fire so everyone could rest their feet.

Then we jumped on the frontrunner and headed home. We didn't get home till 10, but we still let the kids slide into the hot tub to warm up before we sent them off to bed. Then we slid in and watched some Taskmaster before we both headed to bed.